HELLO!
Thanks for stopping by!
I decided to try this blogger thing back in January, but I didn't have enough time...so here we go again!
My name is Allyssa, I am a first year school teacher and I LOVE my job! I moved away from my family and friends to pursue my very first teaching job. It was a hell of a year, but I survived and I am better for it!
Let's face it you came to this blog based off of the title just like anyone would. I am fat, broke, but still happy!
So let's break this title down a bit...
I'm Fat... I am by all doctors standards (trust me they tell me all the time). I know I am fat and just like everyone else... I hate being fat, but I LOVE clothes so I still can rock the weight (well I think so ) haha don't tell me if I can't....hello I am fat I have low self-esteem.
I'm Broke... How can you be broke you are a teacher they make tons of money...blah blah blah. Well I do make a decent salary, but news flash.... I WENT TO COLLEGE... I AM BROKE!! The average college student comes out of school with $25,000 in debt... UM, CAN I HAVE THE AVERAGE?!?
I have over $60,000. I went to a state school and I had some scholarships, those didn't touch that bill.
Did I also mention that I moved away... less than a year out of college. So I now have credit card debt...hmm fun fun.
Now, after all that complaining why are you still here?
I'm Happy... I am bored obviously because I am blogging, but I am trying to change the first two in my life, but really I am happy. I cried on the last day of school because I was going to miss my students. I have a tiny apartment and way too much stuff to be in a 1 bedroom. I also have a great family that helps me out when I get down. I have a pretty cute cat that just got neutered (uh oh cat woman...just kidding, but really I probably would take in a million cats if I could they are so cute!!) I also have the best boyfriend in the world. He is my rock, we have been together since 9th grade in high school GASP! No we aren't engaged, but I would love to be haha. Waiting....
So why am I blogging?
Because I want to write down what I am doing in my life now and if it works well for me one day it might work well for someone else too. I am a teacher, so of course I want to help someone else. Also, I want to help myself. I get encouragement from others, I like to get advice, I like to get constructive criticism, and most importantly if I wrote this much on my facebook I would have zero friends.
I am going to work on the I'm Broke and the I'm Fat... right now I am working on the I'm Fat. I am doing the couch to 5k, 200 crunches, 100 push up, 200 squats, and booty work outs (I have a big one that needs taming).
I probably will be personal on here because that is how I teach... I teach with examples from my life and I typically am not ashamed of saying so.
I think that will be all for today, because well I need to do some school work I have been putting off...but teachers don't work over the summer haha.
Maybe I am full of myself, maybe I am too personal, maybe I am crazy, but hey, I'm fat, broke and still happy!
AM :)
No comments:
Post a Comment